Starting this early so I don't get swept up in the day and forget, or rush myself.

This week started off with a funeral for the priest who baptized me and both sisters, Monsignor Braden. He was 93 and had had a lot of health problems but it was still a blow to realize he was gone. The Rosary/Vigil was Monday night and I held it together, only sobbing quietly twice when a few people talked about him. Tuesday morning at the Funeral I was much more at peace. I don't know if you've ever been to a Catholic funeral but I find them very comforting. There were more than 30 priests there and the church (which is fairly gigantic) was practically full. It was beautiful and that's one of the things I love today, people gathering together to celebrate a life well lived, and comforting each other in difficult times. During the Homily, the priest (Father T) was talking about living each day full etc. usual carpe diem stuff and he said "Life is today. Love is today." I love that and I think it's now at the top of list for Things I Might Get a Tattoo Of.

Then there was a disturbing little episode at work on Tuesday evening that I won't go into because it upsets me.

Let's see, things I love Thursday.

Storytime! During the school year I visit about 5 area daycares once a month for Outreach Storytimes. It's one of the only times I get to work with groups of really little kids, since I usually work with the tweens and teens. I love it! During the summer we only go once, since we're so busy here at the library and I really miss my little kiddos. I get a big rush when the kids remember me and the song I sing with them to start and end storytime. :) They are so sweet.

End of Summer!: This is our last week of summer programming here at the library. My last thigns are my end of summer parties on Friday and Saturday evening, which I'm looking forward to. Then I've got the first 2 weeks of August to get all of my fall programs planned and printed out before I leave for the UK!

Getting off work early, again: Yup. :)

Seeing Katie again so soon: My middle sister Katie lives in New Braunfels but she came into town last week to have her wisdom teeth removed (ouch :/) and she came back yesterday for a follow up appointment, and the four of us (dad, Katie, Robin, and I) went to dinner at Ellie's a local family-run Greek restaraunt that has the most amazing food. It was a good night, then we watched tv all night. Love.

Jonathan Coulton: This is not a new thing. But I just love this guy. Especially this song:

I think it is so beautiful.

DFTBA you guys,
Sti

1 comments:

Becky Jean said...

Yay for your UK trip. I'm so jealous. And excited for you. Any more solid plans yet, or is it still just plan as you go??