I'm getting in right under the wire here so here goes:

My mom being back home: She's been traveling with/visiting a lot of her family since the first week of July and I've really missed her. And with Becky's week in the hospital with her mom, I'm very grateful to have my own back home and healthy. :) Okay schmaltz over.

Weekend celebrations to come: This weekend I am seeing one of my best friends perform as Ulla in The Producers, seeing another best friends get married, and celebrating another's birthday at an Astros baseball game. So there is much celebrating to be had!

Talking to Jen/getting even more pumped up about the trip:
Talked to Jen today and we discussed important things like, what to pack, and what books each of us are going to bring. Vital stuff.

Shopping for Robin's dorm: My baby sister is leaving for college and we're running around trying to get everything she'll need for her first year. It's so weird! :)

Rereading favorite parts of my favorite books: While we're on our trip, Jen and I have decided to make up alter-egos (elegant ladies) so we can doubly enjoy our trip, and we're going to journal as both ourselves and our alter-egos. When she asked me what my name was going to be I was reminded of Betsy and Tacy's imaginary lady's maids from the Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace. So of course I had to pull out Betsy and the Great World and read my favorite parts, and then I had to drag myself away. So good. So good.

Drawing Basset Hounds: Well just one really. His name is David and he belongs to Holly, my college roommate, and her husband Alex. For one of her classes last semester she wrote a children's book about David and she wants me to illustrate it. Now, I am no where near talented enough for this endeavor but I'm looking forward to the challenge and I've already started sketching him from pictures I took the last time I saw him. The task will be made more difficult since they live in Missouri...

Packing for cold weather: So I've been planning in my head what clothes I'll take to UK and today when I talked to Jen she made it clear to me that it's not going to be hot there. So now I'm reevaluating my clothing choices. Less sundresses, more cardigans etc. It's hard to think that way since it was 101 outside today at 5pm..I believe the high today was 106?So 70 degree weather will be fantastic. I almost don't care if it rains the entire time :P Almost..


Things I don't love this Thursday: Something is UP on my blog. I now have ads? I'm sorry about that, wish they weren't there. I can't find the script for them in the code or I would delete them and can't find away to turn it off. As Holly (or Zaphod Beeblebrox) would say, Huma Kavula!

Good night all!
Sti

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for mum appreciation! I haven't seen my mum since the end of June either, I miss her but we manage to talk on skype every 3 or 4 days. The producers is so good! That's awesome.

I hear ya on the temperature. It was 80-something here today and felt cool! Can't even imagine the humidity though. Your trip is getting so close! I'm so excited for you guys.