sad face

9:36 AM | 0 Comments

You know when one of those things happens that makes you see just how lucky you are and that all your little dramas you've been freaking out about are so small? Yeah, that happened to me today. Pat's granddaughter Ella, who I talked about in my last entry, died early this morning. She was only a little over a week old, and because she had chromosomal thing called Trisomy 18, they didn't expect her to live long. It's been so hard on Pat losing a grandbaby, but also having to see her daughter go through this. And it's been hard on us here at work, since we can't do anything to take that burden and pain from her except pray for her. I've been doing her storytimes when she needs but I wish I could do more.

It feels unfair that such a little one should have to die, but I feel she did a lot of good while she was here. Pat talked about the incredible peace that washed over her whenever she held Ella, and called it 'Ella Time' because everything else would fade away while she was in her arms. I'm not going to wax anymore philosophical, but it's really made me appreciate all the healthy little ones I get to interact with on a daily basis.

0 comments: