Inspired by Nicola's lovely update, I thought I'd get back in the saddle and write a blog entry!

Everything's been really lovely lately, even the annoying little things that go wrong (my car battery dying, shortening my lunch break by taking wrong turns etc.) haven't upset me lately. It's so Zen.

Things I love:

Summer at the Library: We just kicked off our Summer programs at the library. This is our busiest part of the year. I have programs for my Tweens (8-10 year olds) and Young Adults (11-14 year olds) every Wednesday and Friday at 1:30 and 3:30. We do crafts, play games, watch movies, talk about books and basically have a ball. I meet with my Teen Advisory Group Tuesday nights, and we've decided to throw a party for 8-18 year olds to celebrate the new Harry Potter release in July. The rest of the week days Pat and Brenda have storytimes, crafts and other programs. And during all of this we're signing kids up for the Reading Club and awarding them prizes for reading. It's non-stop and being around so many people for really exhaust my introverted self but it's totally worth it and I don't crash till I get home. So many smiles for adorable children. And today I bought 40 lbs of bananas for Banana Jousting tomorrow!

Laughing till I can't breathe: Mike was Confirmed last week and I spent the day with him and Eileen. Mass, lunch with their parents and Eileen's brother Simon, then watching Deadliest Warrior, hanging out at a wine bar, and playing Taboo. At one point I thought I was going to pass out because I couldn't breathe for the laughing. I think when I move out, I'll have to move to Houston so I'm closer to them and the good times.

Beautiful Weather: It stormed for a while yesterday (not an uncommon thing since Hurricane Season started Monday) because a cold front was pushing in. Today it's still warm but not too bad, and there is very little humidity which is great for this weekend.

Aaron Sorkin: You might already know of my deep and abiding love for Aaron Sorkin's genius. Well Saturday I get to see his newest play The Farnsworth Invention at the Alley Theatre here in Houston. I bought the tickets along with Jana about a year ago and I've had a countdown going since then, so I'm a little excited. Getting to go with both of my sisters, my mom, and my grandma Cookie makes it even better.

Back Porches: We've been grabbing every moment of the still nice weather before it gets suffocatingly hot by sitting out on our back porch, reading, having dinner, drinking cold beers, reading. It's been wonderful.

Okay, there are so many other things I love, including all the nice people who humored me today at the store, buying all those bananas. And my new shoes which are black and gold/yellow. And Heifer International who sent me honey. And the smell of popcorn popping. And the movie It Happened One Night. And the book I Am the Messenger. And Australian accents. And deciding not to take a summer class. And planning for the future but living in the now. And and. And and. Everything. Except maybe being hungry. I don't really love that..but I shall endeavor to fix that right now by going home and then hopefully off to see some friends graduate from high school!

Much love,
Christina

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me smile! =) All of the activities you have on at your library sound so awesome, makes me want to get involved in that sort of thing. Getting kids into books must be so rewarding. Love outdoor dinners and being able to sit out on a nice night, too. Such fun! Glad to hear everything is going well for you x

Becky Jean said...

Ooh, this makes me want to blog too. Ok. Goal set: get my cleaning done early enough to blog tonight. My college roomie is coming tomorrow which means I need to get the apt in order :)

Autumn Hill said...

I just had dinner outside tonight with my sister and it was perfect weather! Not too hot but not windy. I loved it.

I am glad everyone is starting to blog a bit more again. I feel like after April everyone really needed May off. But since it's June now ...