Let's see, gotta make this quick since things are about to get crazy in here. Nothing too spectacular this week but some nice, fun things

Not waiting in lines at Harry Potter premieres: So we have this theater called Star Cinema Grill, I think they're a chain, you know the kind that sells drinks and food with a goofy pun-tastic names like Nachos Libre and Hawaii Five-o Pizza. When we showed up at 10:30 expecting to get in a line, they took our tickets and told us to go on in and pick a theater, we sat right down, ordered junk food (fried pickles! wings! pizza!) and settled in till the movie. Which was awesome! Probably my favorite of the series so far, though now I want to rewatch them all.

Throwing parties for my kiddos at the library: Last night, with the help of my lovely Teen Advisory Group, I threw a Harry Potter party to celebrate the movie coming out. I'm calling it a hit, we had 50 people total. We ate snacks (the potion Dumbledore has to drink in Half Blood Prince, cockroach clusters, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, brownies etc.), hung out in a few classes and did some crafts. The classes represented were Charms-(we made lucky charms), Care of Magical Creatures (made funny little animals), Transfiguration (masks) and the most popular Defense Against the Dark Arts (flinging rubber bands at a Death Eater, played good-naturedly by Taylor). Judging from the volume of the kids, they had a good time.

*Update* it's now Friday and I'm grateful that I get to leave soon! And tomorrow I jet off for Philly, but tonight I have to pack and clean the kitchen because it's gross.

Did I tell you about my cake decorating class? I'm taking one with my sister, yesterday after several epic fails we made it to class and together iced a guitar shaped cake. It was awesome, and tasty. Also our hands hurt afterward.

Sorry I keep walking away from this blog spending time looking at other tabs...I just took a little thing to see what celebrities I look most like. Just not satisfied. First I got Jodie Sweeten aka Stephanie from Full House. What? Now the best one I'm getting is Lucille Ball. And now I got boys! BOYS! Unacceptable. I am glad it is not Thursday because I did not love that. :P

Okay, we're about to close then Chinese food with dad and Robin and packing for Philly. Did I mention I'm going to Philly this weekend? I am. Just for a party, because that's how I roll. Have a great weekend all!

0 comments: