Well, I can say that I don't love sore throats. It's either from breathing filtered air all day or allergies, either way no biggie. I also do not love my mom being gone. *pouts*

Ohhhkay, things I love:

Cooking a Nice Dinner: Last night I cooked a full meal for what turned out to be just me and my dad. My mom left yesterday morning to drive my grandmother back to TN and my sister went to hang out with friends. So it was just my dad and me. I made a Rachel Ray recipe Cuban pork tenderloins and Soffrito rice and it was hella tasty if I do say so myself. I even made an actual salad and we had wine. Afterward we did our normal bonding ritual, watching a vampire movie (Underworld, I can't believe it took me so long to actually watch it!).

Looking forward to starting a new painting: Tonight I'm planning on starting a new painting for 2 of my best friends who are getting married (to each other) in September. I've thinking about it for a while but now I have an actual canvas so I can start!

Octopi: I love myself a cute octopus or twelve, so when I saw a cute pattern in a knitting book one of my kids was working from I told her I would pay her $30 if she made it for me. The next day (today) she presented me with my very own androgynous octopus who she named Sam. Here's a picture that doesn't do him/her justice:


Questionable Content: Probably my favorite webcomic. This week there have been 3 comics in a row that are priceless. The last frames specifically are lol-able. Here they are: "With Maximum Ridiculosity" "Reverse Bechdel Test" "Bearsball" Hope they make you laugh as much as they make me. I think you can understand them without all the comic's backstory.

Movies with friends: Okay, this one is a little premature as I'm not going to the movies with friends till tomorrow. But I can tell now it'll be fantastic. Eileen is getting a group of people together to have cocktails at her place and then go see The Hangover, I am very excited, especially since I haven't seen some of the people who will be there since New Year's (after which I had a hangover) when I must have made a favorable impression because they now love me. :) Also I just love being with Eileen and her fiance Mike.


Well, I should go back to pretending to do some sort of work so I will sign off now.
DFTBA my BEDA Buddies and all others,
Sti

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That octopus is amazing! I love non-creepy home knit toys. My friend & former flatmate knit us a teddy one time and it turned out looking totally demented. It was awesome/scary. That's fantastic though.

I saw the Hangover today - definitely exceeded my expectations. Apparently we're coming to the end of the writers strike dry spell, so hopefully we can begin to kind-of count on comedies a bit more now!

Autumn Hill said...

Congrats on the cooking. That is one area I am hopeless in. Well I am a one-trick pony I guess. I can do one meal well, but only one.

I cannot believe that someone made that octopus by hand. That's pretty awesome. Ask her to make me a monkey!

That is funny that both Nicola and I just saw that movie and now you're about to. Oh Becky ...