Once again, I did not blog on Thursday though I had many things to love on. So sorry! I can't decide what order I want to put them in so I'll embrace my inner librarian and go alphabetically. :)

Good Books: Right now I'm enjoying the latest in the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King Language of Bees. I should finish tonight and then I'll start Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society which I'm excited about and I'll talk more about later.

Jenny Lewis:
This is possibly one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to me. And if you follow me on twitter/facebook you already know about it. Wednesday night my friends Zharleen, Lisa and I went to see Jenny Lewis perform. If you're not a huge fan of Indie music and have never heard of Jenny Lewis and Rilo Kiley let me just tell that she and they are awesome. She's usually the lead singer of Rilo Kiley but she also has 2 solo albums Rabbit Fur Coat and Acid Tongue. She's touring for the latter right now and I was so excited to see her. She sounds even better live than she does on her cds! And the most exciting thing that happened was that for one of her encores she and her band came out into the crowd and sang the title song from the album! And that's not the best part, she ended standing RIGHT NEXT TO US!!!! It was sooooooooooooooooo amazing and surreal and beautiful. And the guy standing next to me put it on youtube. :)

Planetariums and Telling Stories: For my program Wednesday I borrowed an indoor planetarium from the Lunar & Planetary Institute (totally free!). It's so cool, it looks like an inflatable duct tape igloo. Inside you set up a projector type thing that projects stars/constellations onto the dome. I was really nervous because I'm not exactly a science-y person , so I decided to go at it from the mythology angle, telling stories different cultures (mostly Greek) had about the contellations. It was a hit and soooo much fun!

Seeing Kat and Clay:
Tomorrow I'm driving to Katy (about an hour-ish away) to see my good friends Kat and Clay. They were my first friends to get married. Kat was our unofficial then official roommate in college. Freshman and sophomore years she would periodically crash in our dorm room when she got locked out of her own or scared of her little apartment and we moved into a house together during our last 2 years in Fort Worth. She and Clay tied the knot a week after graduation, I was a bridesmaid. I love Kat, she's tiny and spunky and crafty and so loving. I call her my Squishy Bunny and I call Clay Guido. They are almost 7 months pregnant (well, mostly Kat is :P) and I haven't seen her since she was 2 months along. This had to be remedied so I shall be seeing their new house checking out the nursery for the right color scheme for the painting I'm doing for baby Jemma and touching some preggo belly! So excited!

Okay, there are many more things I love, but I forgot my glasses today and my head is starting to ache from looking at the computer screen without them, so here's a quick list:
  • My mom coming home
  • being invited to join a book club
  • going to an advanced screening of 500 days of Summer next week (Joseph Gordon Levitt! Zooey Deschanel!!)
  • Making candy sushi today
  • Watching Gilmore Girls at lunch
  • Finally eating at the Dot Diner at midnight
  • making banana pudding from scratch

0 comments: